Monday, October 13, 2008

farewell cuddle blanket :(






Somewhere between the parking lot of Walmart and the shoe section of the same store, we lost your cuddle blankie yesterday. We feel horrible. Awful. We're mourning it.
...and way more than you are... you seem fine.

I guess you have proven how quickly you get over things babygirl. Or maybe you don't completely realize that it's gone for good.
I called Walmart's lost and found today and they said that they don't have it. But, I wasn't on hold for very long so a part of me wonders if it's still sitting in a box somewhere. Or still in the store. Or with a giant tire mark on it sitting in the gutter outside of the store.
*sigh*

4 comments:

Unkempt Mommy said...

Aww! How sad!
I hope you end up finding it....or maybe you could find one exactly like it online somewhere??

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Thank you for reminding me that, yes the internet could help find a new one. LOL I got so caught up in the shock of it all..
I just found the same EXACT blanket on Target's website and on Amazon and Ebay. I had no idea that it would still be out there, being sold. And we actually got it from Target right before she was born. Thank you thank you. I think we'll see how she acts without it. Nothing like the original one..ya know..stains and all. And did I mention before how it stinks?? LOL Doesn't matter how much I washed it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to find a replacement. My boys have their "blankies" and we've had many a scare with a blankie getting lost!

the nervous mom said...

I aaaaalmost bought a replacement!! And seriously? She doesn't even care that it's gone!! LOL I still can't believe it. She has her blankie that her Great Grandma gave her the day she was born (beautifully hand stitched) and she's been so happy now with it even more. So.. I guess..uhh..the crisis is over? lol