Saturday, January 28, 2012

James and the Giant Peach.

*James is reading chapter books now. I can't believe it. I mean, I can believe it because he's such a bright guy. But.... my son.... is..reading...chapter..books. Totally blown away.

*James has a new BFF in his class and it's a girl. He whispers to me that they're boyfriend and girlfriend. I wonder what that means in kindergarten. Does he share his scissors with her? Do they swap lunches? Do they read together? It all sounds cute. He gets so embarrassed when I tease him about it. I only tease him a little bit, because it's my job. And when he has something new to tell me about her he comes to me and whispers it. So, I don't think I'm embarrassing him enough.

*When it's Friday morning, I can wake James up with total ease. He bolts right up and jumps off of the top bunk full of excitement. He has already learned that the weekends are the BEST. When it's Friday evening he asks "do I got to school tomorrow?" and when we say "nope" he lets out a big "YEEESSSS" with a fist pump! When it's Sunday afternoon, almost evening he asks if he has to go back to school the next day. When we say "yup" he lets out a big "AWWW NOOOOO" with no fist pump.

*James is still the only boy in his class that treats the girls like little ladies. The rest of the boys are rough and just.. well...crazy. I keep telling him how great it is that he's so sweet to them. I guess maybe I'm doing something right at home.

*When James was sick last weekend he handled it so well. Granted, it was just a cold but even when he was a baby, he would get sick and just sleep, even all night. There was one night where he had a hard time with a really stuffy nose, but he still just laid there and relaxed in his bed at 3:30am. Don't tell Natalie, but he's my favorite sick kid. (sorry Natalie... but you're my favorite little lady).

*Kids in his class call him "James and the Giant Peach".

No comments: