Sunday, January 22, 2012

10 things that white people like but I really don't like even though I'm pretty white.

This list is definitely not meant to offend anyone. I was just thinking the other day.. I'm a white person. I like white people stuff. Sometimes. No harm in that I guess. But there are some things that I don't like but I feel like I'm supposed to like because I am white. So, I have a small list that I made up pretty quickly while I was half asleep. So... uhmm.. enjoy?

10.) Window shopping. I can only shop if I'm shopping with a purpose. Call it lack of energy, motivation, whatever, but I can't just browse around a mall for fun. I just... can't.
9.) Low calorie/ light beer. Seriously, what's the point? It's just as bad as drinking O'Douls.
8.) Country music and that includes the Country Music Awards. My mom is totally going to be mad at me for this one.
7.) Golf. I don't know anyone other than my dad who could watch this on television. The announcers always sound so soothing to me, so for the most part, I don't like playing golf. Ok, I've never played golf. I wouldn't want to try playing golf. My husband is totally going to be mad at me for this one.
6.) Tail gating. The food kind. I just...... don't understand it.... I couldn't enjoy a porkchop sandwich if it were 30 degrees outside.
5.) Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Whole Foods, and Nordstrom's. I have forced myself to partake in these establishments but I always feel out of place. Maybe I'm just too poor... I don't know. Am I just not white enough? I just really couldn't tell you. I do know that paying for your gluten-free bread at Whole Foods with your food stamp card will guarantee some strange glares from your checkout person there, though.
4.) Wine. blech. (sorry white people)
3.) Jimmy Buffet. Maybe white people love to see other people drinking margaritas all night long, while  always looking like their on a tropical vacation, but for me, I just get jealous and a little angry. I don't enjoy seeing this guy enjoying himself.
2.) Scrapbooking. Maybe this is a housefrau's true definition of heaven, but not me. I get a bit anxious with it and I really just want to stuff those photos and memorabilia in there. There's no time for perfection here!
1.) Teeth whiteners. I could be totally wrong here. Lord knows I'm wrong a whole lot. But what is it with white people wanting to appear even whiter? I wear my coffee-stained teefs as a badge of honor. Or I could just be jealous of you.

No comments: