Sunday, March 13, 2011

random weekend things...

*Natalie spilled my entire cup of coffee on our awesome (but getting old) alarm clock this morning. TAKE THAT daylight savings!

*We just came back from bowling with a large group of people from my job and it was really cool. It's neat to see everyone outside of the work environment and have a great time. It was also really neat to see and hear Natalie SCREAM at the top of her lungs every time she bowled her first ball when it was her turn..ever.single.time.

*The screaming was out of happiness.

*James didn't even need the ramp for bowling and swung his body over to the lane and let that ball loose.

*I gave myself a pedicure last night and now my wolverine-like nails are neat and tidy. I don't, however, like the new polish I bought: a purplish/bluish sparkly polish by Opi. Really disappointed because it's basically clear polish with glitter..I thought it was colored polish with glitter.

*Lesson learned: polish always looks better inside the bottle.

*I didn't clean at all this weekend.

*I'm so happy we visited the zoo this weekend. We couldn't have picked a better weekend. Hopefully we'll get to go again around Natalie's birthday! And Rick's of course (they share the same birthday).

*We bought those Hostess cupcakes yesterday (we rarely do). We wanted to treat ourselves and have them while out and about at the zoo (zoo food sucks and is completely expensive).
Natalie points to the box, squeals and shouts: "JUST LIKE TEST KITCHEN MOMMY JUST LIKE TEST KITCHEN!" On the public broadcasting station here, we all watch "America's Test Kitchen" and "Cook's Country" where both shows have the same chefs cooking and baking, and they remade the classic Hostess chocolate cupcake:


I just thought that was pretty cute. And smart!!
I told her that I can make these for her birthday, so we'll see. Her birthday ideas keep changing every day.

*Twinkies. I can't eat those, can you? To me, they have zero flavor.

*I actually got about an average of 9 hours of sleep each night this weekend. That? is a HUMUNGOUS record. I can't even think how long it's been since I've had that much rest.

*I'm ready to start the week now. Plus, having off Tuesday helps. ;)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

No comments: