Saturday, November 20, 2010

When I came home from my first day of work...

James had this waiting for me:

I think I look happy here. Do I look happy here? I think I do. Maybe confused and happy.
I don't know what I love more.. the fact that he wrote "mom" so well or the fact that he sees me as having such a round body. Adorable.

My first day was really good. I'm already learning a lot and I get to socialize like nobody's business. Believe it or not, some residents talk more than I do! And I love to listen.
I had a really nice 30 minute break today so in mom terms that equals HEAVEN. I had the chance to sit down and eat. All at the same time. And even had the chance to let the food settle in my stomach as opposed to having to yell in the middle of taking a bite out of my sandwich, like at home. Usually that doesn't make digestion as smooth. Hello stomach ache.

I am so drained though so this post is one of "those" rushed ones.. But at least I have a good excuse. Rick did great with his first day as stay at home dad. The apartment is clean, smells good, and the kids were happy. No one seemed to have any emotional breakdowns while I was gone so that counts as a success. I think he's really liking his new gig. He seems really pleased with himself and I hope that he knows how great of a job he's doing.

As for me... I'm off to get some sleep because I go back in tomorrow...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(psst..I think I'll sleep good tonight)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it was a good first day.

Hopefully things will start looking up for your family.

It's always nice to know you're missed and loved and the kids are well taken care of at home.