Wednesday, September 22, 2010

let's count how many times I say the word "poop" shall we?

I can honestly now say...
BOOYAH.
HUZZAH.
HOORAH.
and anything else ending in "ah" that describes some sort of exciting wordy wordage.

MY 4 YEAR OLD BOY IS NOW POOPING IN THE POTTY EVERY DAY AND SOMETIMES LIKE 3 OR 4 TIMES BECAUSE HE'S THAT AWESOME WOOT.

Wanna know the secret to this success?
Two words: preschool and luck.
Plain and simple. Because right before he began pre-k I sort of gave up putting so much pressure on it. He'd scream at the mention of "maybe just maybe James just sit on the potty for one quick second okay?"
And would run away at any mention of "James I think we're going to hide your nighttime pull-ups cause this is crazy with you putting one on at 1am to poop in it and then throw the poopy pull-up on the floor just so mommy can have a sweet surprise in the early morning." I always knew he was doing this because you could smell the poop pouring out of their bedroom at 6am. It was harsh. NASTY harsh. I feel more bad for Natalie than myself because she would unwillingly be inhaling that prize all night long.

James suddenly became determined to at least try attempting the whole pooping in the potty thing about 2 weeks ago. I gotta tell you, there is just something about "eh okay..whatev" type of attitude on your behalf that works. I didn't act like I completely didn't care, but I can say that I didn't go all "OH YAY THAT'S WONDERFUL WOOHOO JAMES" when he mentioned it. I just let him do his thing and that was that.
And he did it. He freakin' pooped in the potty! And for each separate poop visit he gets a lollipop. Sometimes, just like right now (I kid you not) he will go and poop until he's cleaned out completely just to get that lollipop.

We also promised him a larger prize if he kept it up for a few days. We had originally promised him a bike but thank goodness he asked for a skateboard instead because poverty does not allow you to purchase a bike. We did buy him a skateboard with an AWESOME gift card that was given to us my some sweet friends from Ohio. I couldn't get over how well that worked out. Seriously.
So, he now has his skateboard and will still have our sanity. At least I think we still have it in tact.
Because now we're tackling another round of bedbugs so yeah.... more on that topic later. Friday the exterminator comes to blast those little vampires outta here, so I'll sleep again once that's done.
MY BABY BOY IS POTTY TRAINED WOOT.

No comments: