Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I have a case of the Tuesdays...

I don't know what it is about Tuesdays. No sir, I don't like it..err them.
Mondays aren't so bad, you're pushed back into the daily grind and it's pretty unexciting for most, but for me, I get a tiny flutter of excitement. Sounds quite dorkish I know, but usually my Mondays can give me a good idea of how the rest of the week is going to go. There's just something about starting a new week that's interesting.
But something different happened.
My Monday sucked and my Tuesday is rocking. But let me also say that the morning did start out pretty sucky. Our awesome elephant-like neighbors upstairs decided to have ahem "relations" loudly above our heads before midnight, and then right after, they started screaming at each other until 2am. Oh love. So, I got about 3 hours of sleep. Ever have such crappy sleep that you didn't even get to dream?
That was how the day began so I knew I was in for a real treat.

But......

I don't know if it's unusual happening of the hour and a half nap I had with both kids but something different and good happened!. Of course, James napped like a champ while Natalie climbed all over me, licked my elbows, poked me in the eyeballs, and then read a Berenstain Bears book for an hour. Have I mentioned her obsession with those bears??
I woke up at 3pm and made a huge discovery- I hadn't screamed at all today. It was a sudden feeling of peace and calmness that didn't involve my neck and head pounding from the tension and stress that comes with asking your 4 year old son to stop knocking his sister over on purpose.
I didn't have to shout or scream, "PLEASE STOP IGNORING ME WHILE I ASK YOU WHAT YOU WANT FOR LUNCH" or my personal favorite for Natalie, "PLEASE STOP HANDING ME RANDOM THINGS".
Tuesdays are usually filled with some sort of drama, extra annoying looks from the kids, or even just that act of me watching the clock until Rick comes home.
I just don't know what it is about Tuesday.
But, today my perspective for Tuesday has really (really!) changed. Maybe, just maybe "having a case of the Tuesdays" for me will mean something better. Maybe?
I think I'll give this day a chance from now on and maybe just start hating Wednesdays.
And as of 8pm and with the kids settled in bed, I am happy to report, not one single scream exited my mouth today.
Today wasn't so bad at all.

No comments: