Sunday, November 29, 2009

phew.

It's been so long that I had forgotten how much was involved to get into college.

The big goal is to get back to school before I put it on the backburner again. And so far, so good.
I've applied for financial aid and should hear something within the next few weeks. I've applied to the school itself, and that shouldn't take too long. I even sent in my application fee, transfer fees, and whatever else I need to sign my name on. The application deadline to apply to this school is December 15th. I'm cutting it close but I think I'll make it. The school is now waiting on my high school and past college transcripts.
And this time is way different than when I attended community college in 1997 and 2002- I actually have a set major. And also? this is a 4 year college so that way, I can just focus on a Bachelor's degree and hopefully have that by 2012.
Major? Human Resources/Management. It feels so good. I'm so psyched to get back to school. If all goes well and I get accepted, financial aid goes well, and everything I'll be starting full time classes within a week or two of Natalie's (highly) anticipated arrival back home from her heart surgery. The timing? couldn't be more perfect. The stress? will be insane.
I hate starting something and never finishing it.
And like I keep saying, there will never be a perfect time to go back. I just need to do it and do it now.


1 comment:

Two Lines On a Stick said...

Congrats on going back! Hope all goes well with getting the paperwork and everything in!