Sunday, February 8, 2009

time out for mommy

Ever have other people warn you about your toddler soon repeating every.single.word. you say?
Listen to them.

James has been repeating the awesome "f word" lately and I already know where he got it.

*smacking myself upside the head*
Last night, he saw my reaction..ya know..the "ohmydeargod!!" look, mouth wide open, big wide eyes. He thought that was funny. So he repeated and repeated while I tried to ignore him. Well, ignoring doesn't always work. I tried to appeal to his 3 year old maturity level (is there such a thing?) and asked him politely to never say that really bad word again. He looked at me with concern. And I told him "if you ever hear mommy say that again she goes to time out!!"

He agreed.

2 comments:

Chicke3 said...

my moms favorite's were sh*t and pain in the a$$....and those were the two I chose to repeat lol...sh*t was repeated when I dropped some books(I was only 2)and pain in the a$$ was repeated when some boy at church kept calling me a dumb girl so I turned around and said "well your a pain in the a$$"...when I was in fifth grade a repeated something mom said in relation to my grandparents coming back from FL very dark, and my teacher came back from vacation very dark....the teacher was ticked...and all my mom did was apologize to the teacher explained where I had gotten it from and that I did not fully realize saying that word was inappropriate...and I didnt get punished for saying it thankfully, but mom did have to specify whether or not a word could be repeated and the meaning of the word after that lol.... my fathers favorite was the f word as well and my mom was glad I never repeated that one lol. So dont worry I think all mom's have these stories :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I probably shouldn't say what Kira repeats from me... in some circles it would be considered much worse than swearing (though she doesn't swear other than sh*t once in a blue moon). Cracks me up though, and I have to hide my face so she doesn't see me laughing so much.