Monday, October 27, 2008

pachewy chomp

So, Natalie is a big girl. She's 18 months old..becoming so outgoing now and is a pure joy. And yes, I am her mommy and I'm supposed to say that, but she really is the easier of the two (sorry James!) James is a little more challening..it's probably because he's so close to the terrible 3s now (yes, there is such a thing have you heard??). But James is more dramatic about things when they don't go his way..not that I would change that ever. I love him more because of it because he shows his feelings. Natalie gets upset but gets over things so easily. Oh so easily. She's always been that way. She's feisty but lets things roll off her shoulders with no problem.
But lately... oh dear god she has been growling when she's angry and frustrated!!!
I hate it.
So much.
I'm really scared of what it could evolve into. First growling.. then barking? I hope not. But I tell ya, she is the one that's going to be the biter and the hitter when she reaches 2 and 3 years. I know it and I can feel it. Ricky actually agrees and boy was it nice to hear that because I didn't want to be the only one.
Every toddler goes through that phase of biting and hitting but James never really did or does that. Once in a BLUE MOON and if he does it something is really wrong with the cosmos that day. Natalie, I just know it (because she's already done it) is the one we'll have to keep our eyes on especially with other kids.
I don't want to be right about this. I really don't. I'd love to be wrong.
We've always said since day one that Natalie would be the fiesty one (and daring monkey climber too). It's always the kids that you would want to be more careful and calm (because of illness and other things) who become the wilder ones. Why is that?

No comments: