Thursday, October 5, 2006

Things I wish I knew before James was born but glad I know now.

1. That it's okay to not use the safety straps on the high chair. Besides it's must more fun to chew on.
2. That babies hit their heads ALOT. And get bruises and scratches ALOT.
3. That when they poop regularly you get very happy.
4. Any sort of style of your apartment or house will no longer exist. It won't matter what it looks like as long as it's baby proofed.
5. You constantly smile and feel kinda giddy when you see other people's babies.
6. That moms are NOT invisible like that Sauve commercial says. Heck, I get more notice with James now than I ever did. Granted they want to talk to James but they talk to me too. LOL
7. That jarred baby food is very limited. And that if I won't eat it, then I ain't giving it to James.
8. That I would be the one with separation anxiety the day I go out looking for a job, not James.
9. Babies are very wiggly. And kick alot.
10. That Noggin is an awesome channel.
11. You learn to appreciate Sesame Street again.
12. That not every baby likes Barney. (thank you James)
13. That a baby hug is the best hug in the whole wide world.
14. Babies play with almost everything else BUT the toys they're allowed to play with. lol
15. Going out to places are much more fun and you appreciate it more.
16. That babies sleep constantly. I had no idea an almost 10 month old sleeps as much as he does.
17. I'd rather buy things for James than for myself. It's more fun.
18. The snot sucker thingie is great and all, but would YOU want someone sticking that in your YOUR nose? LOL It tickles too much!!!
19. You become terrified of cutting their hair. I mean, I don't want him to look like Kate Hudson's son and all, but maaaaaaan.
20. That you cry the day you realize that they're going to be one year old soon.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

OMG! I could've been sitting next to you as you wrote this! Especially #20.

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how great a hug from your baby must be. How was the job fair?

Jen said...

This list is GREAT!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

So true!!!